Friday, February 9, 2007

Vista Security Dies on the Vine

I don't usually like to make a big deal out of Microsoft vulnerabilities. For Microsoft to secure all of their products is probably one of the toughest jobs in the world. When you own 90% of the operating install base on the planet, there will be thousands of people trying to exploit your applications.

I was shocked at RSA this week that I had people who I thought to be knowledgeable tout Vista as being the end-all to security vulnerabilities. When I argued, that exploits would be coming soon and frequent, I was unceremoniously scorned:) - ha ha - to those people I say "sit down so you don't faint and read the following article".

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy about this in any way. But learn the lesson, NO operating system with as many features and flexibility offered by ANY vendor are vulnerability proof.

No comments:

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility....raise the bar

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility....raise the bar
Get Secure